Friday 5 May 2017

1780-luku: Osa 2 -- 1780's: Part 2


Säätyläisnaisen alusvaatteet

Lisää suorakaiteita ja kolmioita

A Gentlewoman and Her Undergarments

More Squares and Rectangles

 
1780-luvun aluspaita, kureliivi ja alushame. Korsetin kaava löytyy kirjasta Corsets and Crinolines. A 1780's shift worn under a petticoat and stays. The pattern for the stays comes from Nora Waughs Corsets and Crinolines. Kuva /Photo: neulansilmanlapi.blogspot.fi

Historical Sew Fortnightly

Jokin aika sitten päätin ottaa osaa HSF:n haasteeseen, sillä ajattelin sen rytmittävän mukavasti myös tätä projektia. Huhtikuun haasteena oli valmistaa jotakin suorakaiteista, kolmioista ja ympyröistä. Ensin ajattelin tekeväni jotakin monimutkaisempaa, mutta lopulta se kuuluisa elämä ja todelliset tarpeet tulivat tielle ja päätin tehdä sen iänikuisen tylsän aluspaidan - koska tarvitsen sellaisen. Ympyräksi olin kaavaillut uutta monimutkaisempaa myssyä, mutta valitettavasti en ehtinyt.

A little while ago I decided to take part in the HSF challenge, since I thought it would be a nice way to give a little and regular boosts to the project at hand. The challenge for April was to create something from rectangles, squares and circles. First, I was planning to make something more elaborate, but in the end, the infamous life and circumstances got in the way. Instead, I decided to do something I really needed: a plain and boring shift. I was planning to use the circle for a more elaborate new cap, but unfortunately I run  out of time.
 

Aluspaita

The Shift
Aluspaidan kaava on se sama nk. englantilaisittain leikatun paidan kaava, jota käytin palvelusneidon paidassa. Ero löytyy kankaan laadusta.

The shift is cut in the sc. English manner like the shift I made for the servant. The only difference is in the fabric. 

1780-luvun aluspaita. A 1780's shift. Kuva / Photo: neulansimanlapi.blogspot.fi
 
 
1700-luvun aluspaidan pääntien rullapäärme. The neckline of the 18th century shift is finsihed witha a tint rolled seam. Kuva / Photo: neulansilmanlapi.blogspot.fi

Kuva / Photo: neulansimanlapi.blogspot.fi

Sauma on ommeltu taka- ja luotospistolla valkaistulla pellavalangalla. The seams are back-stitched and felled with bleached linen thread. Kuva / Photo: neulansimanlapi.blogspot.fi


The Challenge: Circles, Squares &  Rectangles
Material: Light weight white linen
Pattern: I drafted it myself. My goal was to achieve a very thight fight across the chest so I could avoid wrinkling when wearing stays.

Year: Late 18th century

Notions: I had to readjust the hemline before the photoshoot. I also failed to add the circles to the project.
How historically accurate is it? It's entirely hand-sewn using period materials and techniques.

Hours to complete: I forgot to time it. I was making it in-between other projects. Usually it takes me about 6 - 8 hours to complete a shift like this, but this time I got distracted and did it over a period of three weeks.
First worn: For fitting a new pair of stays and the photoshoot.
Total cost: 16 euros








No comments:

Post a Comment